Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Message from our President, Amy Mader :)


Do you ever want to take your company to the limit? Do you want to exceed your own expectations? Just when you think you can’t push yourself any further, what will make you go further? I just completed reading the book “Ticket to the Limit” by Randy Cohen who is the CEO of Ticket City in Austin, Texas. I know everyone says “I do not have time to read during the busy time of the wedding season” because I was everyone. However, I found that I could read 1-2 paragraphs at a time waiting for a meeting to arrive, waiting for my daughter at ballet class, or my son to finish up with baseball practice. I began by underlining the portions of the book that I felt were relevant to my business or myself as a leader, business owner, parent , collegue and friend. When I completed the book, I realized that ¾ of the pages were dog eared and there were marks on almost every page. This book is not about how to run your business, but it discusses how to be a productive human being and that will allow you to be a successful in your business and personal life. The book is divided into chapters regarding the Randy’s  Rules of Reason. There are 10 of them.

1.       Be Passionate. Love what you do.
2.       Live your values.
3.       Put family first.
4.       Take care of people. Find the amazing.
5.       Have fun. Learn to laugh.
6.       Have a big heart. Make a difference.
7.       Never stop learning.
8.       Take chances. Put yourself out there.
9.       Be a rock star! Work hard and play hard.
10.   Follow through. Master the game.

I love all 10 of the rules.. but the first one I would like to address is rule 9. Be a rock star! Work hard and play hard. Would you like to know how to become a rock star? Well read on! First, a rock star is a person who is living his dream- doing what he is meant to do! So let’s go--

1.       Show up! Keep your promises and commitments no matter what!
2.       Think of every day as an audition for your greatest gig.
3.       Band together and leverage your team members’ individual skills and talents.
4.       Don’t forget to play your greatest hits. Take what you are known for and deliver on expectations.
5.       Leave your ego at the door.
6.       Give your other team members room for “solos”. Let them shine.
7.       Leave it all onstage. Give every day everything you’ve got.
8.       Treat your clients like VIP’s and give them all access passes to you and your business.
9.       Say “thank you” (a lot!), and show deep appreciation for your fans.
10.   Make the world your stage and give the performance of a lifetime!
Always remember: How you do anything, is how you do everything!



Best- Amy 
Amy Mader, PWC 


No comments:

Post a Comment